• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lock screen is too difficult

erzviv

Lurker
I want to lock my phone with a pattern.
that works ok, but when I open the phone I don't see the pattern
I have slide to show the unlock pattern,
then unlock the phone

is there any way to show the lock screen without the need to slide up the fingers ?

Quite simply, no... not a stock device... Lollipop & Marshmallow have drastically increased security and that combined with the stock Android notification screen (the locked screen with clock and notification shades) enhancements, and this is one of the results, you cannot access your security screen until you swipe open the lock/notification screen. Sorry, but that is just the way it work now.

Quite simply, no... not a stock device... Lollipop & Marshmallow have drastically increased security and that combined with the stock Android notification screen (the locked screen with clock and notification shades) enhancements, and this is one of the results, you cannot access your security screen until you swipe open the lock/notification screen. Sorry, but that is just the way it work now.
Their is actually a good reason for this.
It stops your pocket/purse/what have you from inadvertently entering the wrong pin/password. If this happens to many times in a row you could be locked out of your device.

I want to lock my phone with a pattern.
that works ok, but when I open the phone I don't see the pattern
I have slide to show the unlock pattern,
then unlock the phone

is there any way to show the lock screen without the need to slide up the fingers ?

Press the power on button briefly - it gives you the number pin screen.
I had problems - also, if outdoors the initial swipe down mark is so dim one cannot see it.
Another way is to shake to wake the camera - pull out of camera mode - and you have the pin keypad.

Back
Top Bottom