• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen weather alert won't go away!

wmshub

May 5, 2010
I really like the always-on lock screen of my Pixel 3s. It shows upcoming calendar items and says what music is playing. It also shows weather alerts, and these take priority - when there's a weather alert, I don't see my calendar events, I don't see my music info. Which completely sucks, because for the storm due tonight the weather alert has been there for two days already! I get it, a storm is coming! Is it really necessary to shut down a useful phone feature for days to get that across?

Is there some way to shut this off? I tried shutting off lock screen notifications, no help. I tried shutting off emergency notifications, no help. It seems this alert is something else, and it won't go the *@#*@# away.

I am having the same issue with my Pixel 3 XL.

It's not coming from a third party app, as I uninstalled the one weather app I have with no change. It's also not a standard notification, as I have "no notifications" in the dropdown and I disabled "All Google notifications" in the Google app but the warning is still there. I tried disabling emergency alerts, even though this warning is not listing in alert history.

I think this is an oversight on Google's side. I would understand this warning being shown if we were in the warning's time window but don't show the warning from the time of issue as this one was issued days in advance.
Either way, I should be able to dismiss it.
Screenshot_20201216-142148.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones