• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen widgets

Mutant04

Hi All,

I have just updated to KitKat (4.4.2) on my P605 (the LTE version of the Note 10.1 2014 edition).

All seems fine, the device seems a lot smoother, The notification bar is better, as are both the multi window and Pen window.

However I have noticed that I can no longer have multiple widgets on my lock screen.

I was lead to believe that the new update allowed a shortcut to the camera app, but I can't find/get this to work either.

When I go in the lock screen options, the option enable multiple widgets on lock screen is now missing.

very strange. Has anyone else come across this?

The catch is your lock screen must be set to "swipe" (no security) to enable this. Go to menu>settings>device tab>lock Screen and turn on shortcuts. Then you can pick up to 5 apps to launch from the lock screen.

Thanks for your reply, this is were I am going, Although the turn on shortcuts option is now missing. please screen shot. This is all the option I have?

lunatic59-albums-help-picture9427-screenshot-2014-07-17-14-19-06.png

lunatic59-albums-help-picture9428-screenshot-2014-07-14-11-59-46.png

That's what I see. Android version 4.4.2 Build KOT49H

Hi

Thanks again for replying. This seems pretty strange, I am also running Android version 4.4.2 Build KOT49H. Although comparing the screenshots I don't have the Shortcut Option.

I have noted on your screenshot (lunatic59) that you don't have the call tab.
Just wondered if we have the same version Note 10.1.
I have the P605 (the LTE version).

This is the only thing I can think of that maybe different, although you would have thought that both the P600 and P605 versions would both allow the shortcuts on the lock screen.

I think an email to Samsung may be in order (although I probably won't get very far).

Back
Top Bottom