• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen

tecknoes

I can't see the option to add widgets to the lock screen, I have set the lock screen to "swipe" ........help needed please

I can't see the option to add widgets to the lock screen, I have set the lock screen to "swipe" ........help needed please

From the lock screen, you should be able to swipe the clock widget to the right, you'll then see a big plus sign which you can press to add a widget (a list of available widgets will be displayed), you can then swipe this widget right to add more (up to 5 widgets in total). You can also hold any of the widgets (the clock included) and drag it up to the remove bin to get rid of it.

Hi
Thanks for the reply...... when I try to swipe the clock widget nothing happens, when I swipe elsewhere on the lock screen I see an icon with a padlock that simulates unlocking when I swipe it.

If the settings is saying that your model number is sm-n9005 then it's a galaxy note 3 smartphone and not a galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition tablet. So I think your in the wrong forum section. In saying that most options in both the note 3 and note 10.1 are the same, so any advice should work on both devices. At present my note 3 seems fine and I can get the widgets ok, it's just my note 10.1 that I'm having problems with.

It's a P600 I was reading your reply on my Note 3 and had a temporary memory relapse...... I looked for the device model number on the Note 3......maybe it's Alzheimer's setting in!!!!!

This sounds very much like the problem I have

see Thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition/858288-lock-screen-widgets.html

Just out of curiosity, what model are you having the problem with. Mine is a P605 (the LTE model), and I started getting the problem after upgrading to Kit Kat

I've got the P600 and set up the widgets whilst I had JB, I'm now on KK and the widgets are still there (when I set my lock screen to swipe, I usually use one of the more secure options and so can't use the widgets). My settings screen looks the same as lunatic59's from the link you posted.

I wonder whether another app could be preventing you using widgets? When I set up Mail to use my work's Exchange server a while back (I've since removed the settings) it forced a higher level of security on the lock screen (PIN or password if memory serves), but as you're seeing it set to swipe in your settings then I think this is unlikely.

I get a fair sized list of widgets which I can use, I assume that you have some apps that have lock screen widgets available and the option isn't missing simply because it didn't find any widgets that you could use.

What does you lock screen look like? Are you seeing the shortcuts that you can set up from the same settings page?

When I upgraded from JB to KK all the lock screen widgets were present and worked fine.
I have just had the copy/paste problem with my Note10 (there are lots of threads about this) I had a tech call from Samsung and they said it was some apps that were not performing as they should due to bad coding, they suggested I do a factory reset and now after the factory reset not to mention many hours of works reinstalling everything I still have the same copy/paste problem along with no widgets on the lock screen.
Reading the threads about copy/paste, the function stops working after about 20 clips have been saved in the clipboard cache.

Back
Top Bottom