• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locking Knock Mode

Lana30

Android Enthusiast
Hi Friends,

Can you turn off the locking knock mode on the LG3? and if so how? Thanks in advance!

great, so from what I can see you just go to screen lock, in settings and just turn if off, right?
Yes,that's it.
You'll get a prompt to re-enter your knock code (just to verify that it's you & not someone trying to gain unauthorized access) & then you'll be unlocked,or,select the other option you desire.

Yes,that's it.
You'll get a prompt to re-enter your knock code (just to verify that it's you & not someone trying to gain unauthorized access) & then you'll be unlocked,or,select the other option you desire.
Ok great, Thank you.

Ok great, Thank you.
I had to look that up not too long ago,as Android Pay requires a lock screen of some sort,other that a simple swipe to open.
I don't use lock/knock codes,just a swipe to open,just a personal preference,enough of one to not use Android Pay,until they relax this requirement,or,a work-around is found.
Nothing wrong w/having a lock/knock code,it's a good idea/option,just not for myself,I find them downright annoying.

I had to look that up not too long ago,as Android Pay requires a lock screen of some sort,other that a simple swipe to open.
I don't use lock/knock codes,just a swipe to open,just a personal preference,enough of one to not use Android Pay,until they relax this requirement,or,a work-around is found.
Nothing wrong w/having a lock/knock code,it's a good idea/option,just not for myself,I find them downright annoying.
Oh really? I understand the whole security thing, but it should be completely up to you if you want to use it or not, whether it´s Android Pay or not.

I get that its annoying when your phone doesn't turn on instantly, but not having any lock code, and then using android pay, would mean anyone who took your phone could use your credit card (not to mention they can see any other data you have stored on your phone). My suggestion is to use trusted features, you can have a lock code, but rarely have to actually enter it. For instance you can set Trusted place at work and at home, trusted bluetooth if you use a smartwatch, or bluetooth in car, etc, you can even set it to not ask if your phone hasn't left your body (although this isn't very secure its better than nothing).

Back
Top Bottom