• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locking the phone

yohankenobi

Sorry I couldn't find the answer in the forums. But the company I work for just got a slew of Moments. While trying to set it up for someone I noticed that hitting the power button doesn't lock the phone and you have to wait for the screen to timeout, and then it still is iffy when it locks. How do I manually lock the screen with out the time out? Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Samsung Moment, had 1.5 and recently upgraded to 2.1, pressing the power button worked for me.

What happens when you press it?

I actually did a hard-reset on mine after transferring it to an alternate line TODAY and it's no longer turning off the screen when I press the PWR button... Weird. It doesn't do anything to lock the screen. Not sure what the problem is.

Edit: It won't turn off the screen when I'm on the HOME screen. It will, however, turn off when I'm on any other screen...

Edit 2: Aaaand now it's working. *sigh* LOL

I actually did a hard-reset on mine after transferring it to an alternate line TODAY and it's no longer turning off the screen when I press the PWR button... Weird. It doesn't do anything to lock the screen. Not sure what the problem is.

Edit: It won't turn off the screen when I'm on the HOME screen. It will, however, turn off when I'm on any other screen...

Edit 2: Aaaand now it's working. *sigh* LOL

Yeah thats pretty wierd... don't know what to say man. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom