• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I learned about this playing with lock screens and I found that if you have root you can uninstall the system app: lgslide, then the system ui will automatically revert to aosp slide by default. I guess it's still in our stock build we just can access it from settings. I use this locker instead of stock. It's aosp, it control music while in lock screen, and it shows unread sms. So if that's what you're looking for, that's the best route to go, and there never a chance of it not locking right away like other locker apps that sometimes still show stock locker if screen is not off for long enough. Trust me. I do this everytime i factory reset.

Upvote 0
I learned about this playing with lock screens and I found that if you have root you can uninstall the system app: lgslide, then the system ui will automatically revert to aosp slide by default. I guess it's still in our stock build we just can access it from settings. I use this locker instead of stock. It's aosp, it control music while in lock screen, and it shows unread sms. So if that's what you're looking for, that's the best route to go, and there never a chance of it not locking right away like other locker apps that sometimes still show stock locker if screen is not off for long enough. Trust me. I do this everytime i factory reset.
Really? So all you have to do is uninstall lgslide and you will have the app lock screen? Could you post some screenshots?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, im currently testing hroark13's cm11 beta 3 and not on stock or xperion. But i Willi say this, use appmaster by easyapps on play lstore to uninstall the lgslide app (not the lock screen security ui app) and check off sending the selected apps you'll be uninstalling to the "recycling bin" in case you choose to restore it. It's very easy, basic, and always works. Then reboot, and without doing anything at all, press the power key to lock the screen and again to access unlocker. You then see the aosp locker. If u don't reboot and u try to lock and unlock, you'll faintly see the locker over your last screen. But once rebooted, everything goes back to normal and this aosp locker uses your wallpaper as a BG. Try it. I'm new to the forums but I'm no noob. I wouldnt share anything that could even remotely screw up anyone's device. I'll post screenshots from a nandroid back up I have asap.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled "com.lge.lockscreen 3.0.28005" from Xperion rom and got AOSP lockscreen after reboot, then restored "com.lge.lockscreen 3.0.28005" (Titanium Backup Pro) and rebooted, but still AOSP lockscreen and broken link to "System settings\Display\Lock screen".

No a big issue for me (because I'll keep AOSP lockscreen) but I want to know an easy way to restore rom lockscreen without restore my TWRP backup.

Thanks

Upvote 0
So I was right eh? Thanks for trusting me. I know it sounded pretty far fetched but it worked eh? heck it even controls music in lock screenWell as far as restoring the system app lgslide or lg lock screen or whatever, I mentioned a fool-proof way to restore it should you want to. If you were to have used appmaster by easyapps from the play store you would've been able to make a restorable back up by checking off the box that reads: "send to recycling bin" when you are prompted to confirm the uninstallation. Now spread the word on lg optimus f6 threads world wide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones