• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Logitech Keyboard

I bought a Logitech K400+ keyboard and I am trying to pair it with my Samsung Galaxy phone. I cannot find the relevant software on the Logitech site. Please, can anyone help me.

How do I put my Logitech keyboard in pairing mode?
Press and hold the Easy Switch button to enter pairing mode. Hold the button until the corresponding LED flashes blue. Make sure your computer, phone, or tablet has Bluetooth turned on, and select the search for or add Bluetooth device option.Jul 27, 2021

Pairing is relevant to Bluetooth and apparently this particular keyboard does not include support for Bluetooth, it uses 2.4MHz band WiFi for its wireless connectivity:
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/a...h-Keyboard-K400-Plus-Technical-Specifications
So according to Logitech's support, that involves having its included Logitech Unifying Receiver, the little USB dongle. You might want to try buying a USB adapter and plugging the Receiver into it on the chance it your Android device will be able to detect and use the keyboard wirelessly, but you'd probably be better off just getting an actual external Bluetooth keyboard.

My phone doesn't recognise the dongle when I insert it. Apparently, I should download and install software but I cannot find the relevant software.

It must be a very old phone if it doesn't support OTG though. More likely the proprietary logitech unifiing receiver dongle isn't recognised, and as logitech don't provide software for it for Android that's game over as far as using it with a phone goes.

My phone doesn't recognise the dongle when I insert it. Apparently, I should download and install software but I cannot find the relevant software.
Unless Logitech provides an app to enable your Android phone to interact with this keyboard, it's not going to happen. You're possibly equating Android with Windows -- with Android you won't be able to just manually install the necessary external device driver(s), that's done by a manufacturer-supplied app. With this particular keyboard, when you plug that USB dongle into a USB port on a PC, the Windows OS will be using the stock USB drivers to detect and interact with the keyboard. That dongle is the wireless interface between the two. With Android that requires an app and in this instance there isn't one.
Quit trying to force it do something it's not designed to do and just buy a Bluetooth keyboard that will just work as is.

Back
Top Bottom