• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop 5.0.2 - Questions

Kraftwerk

Hi

Just updated my Moto G (original) to Lollipop but I don't like it so far - I suppose I will eventually.

Using the default keyboard predictive text - The predicted word would pop up above in the middle, and before I could just press 'space' and the predicted word would appear in my message, but it doesn't do that any more. I have to tap the word I want.
Is there settings I can use to adjust this?

I liked it when I could tap in my pin code as soon as I pushed the power button, but now I have to scroll up to show the keypad to input my code - frustrating!

I had a widget where I could turn on/off/adjust: wifi/bluetooth/aeroplane mode/brightness control.
It's disappeared - Is there one available?

I always used the power button to just use 'vibrate mode' or 'silent mode' but it's not there anymore - why did they get rid of such a useful feature?
Is there any way to get round this problem and bring it back?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

Just updated to Lollipop but I don't like it so far - I suppose I will eventually.

Using the default keyboard predictive text - The predicted word would pop up above in the middle, and before I could just press 'space' and the predicted word would appear in my message, but it doesn't do that any more. I have to tap the word I want.
Is there settings I can use to adjust this?

I liked it when I could tap in my pin code as soon as I pushed the power button, but now I have to scroll up to show the keypad to input my code - frustrating!

I had a widget where I could turn on/off/adjust: wifi/bluetooth/aeroplane mode/brightness control.
It's disappeared - Is there one available?

Thanks
I don't have lollipop yet (using a XT1034) but lemme see if I can help a bit:

For the keyboard, check the settings. I think I've seen a setting that allows hitting the space bar for the predicted word.

I don't know about the scrolling to set pin.

As far as the power widget, I believe lollipop did away with that. There are several on the last store to that you can get to replace it; it's just not a standard in L any more.

If you tap the volume button you will now be given an option to set interruptions. I think it won't vibrate, but you might be able to set it if you go into the settings. I don't remember where tho.

I don't have 5 ... but ...

Settings | Language & input perhaps.

... Thom
I did find them where you suggested.
This was before I posted my query about adjusting the settings for the keyboard - there was nothing there to adjust when I tried the first time.
I restarted the phone and the settings appeared.

A number of parameters are set/reset when you power on. Different programs scan looking for specific things and then set specific values.

What is scanned varies from Android version to Android version. (A prime example is ringtone and notification sound files.)

A power off/on when you encounter a problem can resolve it in many cases.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom