• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop 5.1.1.OTA released

girolez

Often Off Piste
Hi all

Just now installing 5.1.1 OTA on my Nexus 7 2012 - will report back on improvements (hopefully!)

EDIT After an hour of browsing with chrome-no lags or lockups! So far So good!

Been using it on and off all day and still good. Certainly 5.1.1 is a big improvement on 5.1 This is without have done a factory reset. The update file was only 9.6Mb so I think it really is just tweaking some problems. I have not noticed any differences in the appearance of the UI.

Roger

Last edited:
I got the OTA update today. Still too early to tell, but while I wouldn't describe it as "zippy", I have been able to use Chrome without crashing the whole tablet. That's new.

Stuttering boot animation is usually a bad sign of things to come. This is the first of the many Lollipop updates where I experienced no stutter at N7 startup. Only just received the update, so am really hoping that this is the update that finally restores KitKat snappiness.

Good luck to the rest of you... Inside of 2 days, mine is back to "business as usual". I'm back to wondering what kind of hardware issue I might be having. It's either a malfunction, or I have the wrong hardware for this OS.

I decided to do a factory reset after it hadn't improved my performance. also installing apps one by one. I will use facebook thru chrome browser rather than the app as suggested on another post. This better be the last time I have to do this.....

^^^ same here!
After four tries, it looks like Google finally got it right. Even the weird line-wrapping in some system Setting menus is fixed.

OTA bombed for me. Rooted and stock ROM. Gets about 20 seconds in and "error!" Thoughts? Don't really want to bother unrooting for this smaller update, unless the improvements are that drastic. Also, don't want to loose root.

OTA bombed for me. Rooted and stock ROM. Gets about 20 seconds in and "error!" Thoughts? Don't really want to bother unrooting for this smaller update, unless the improvements are that drastic. Also, don't want to loose root.
I had to flash it using WUGs as it was erroring out for me too. I just did a flash to stock with no wipe and pushed the whole image. It installed just like an OTA.

Yeah, I'm stock / rooted, also (and haven't yet installed the 5.1.1 update)...the cross-checks in the OTA will indeed cause it to fail to install (fails the verification pass), probably because install-recovery.sh has been modified by Chainfire's root method.

I've had mixed success with manually fixing the issues that are reported--I think the last incremental update I ended-up flashing the factory image (i.e., what Wug's will do), so you at least should be prepared to have to reflash back to stock if you're wanting to install an OTA.

Cheers!

I have had a major lag since the update and nothing seems to fix it. I have even tried a factory reset. It was much faster before the update.

Does anyone know if a Micro USB to HDMI work on a 212 N7 with the latest LP release, I know it didn't before with KK

Back
Top Bottom