• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop battery gripe

ICON32181

So far (AKA twice in the course of 2 days) since I updated to Lollipop, the phone has warned me about the battery being below 15% and then moments later has turned itself off saying the battery was dead. And both times when I've plugged in to charge it was at least at 5%.

Now, yes, I have not given it a full charge since the update, so perhaps it's still 'learning' it's limits, but with KitKat it would give me a 15% and then 4% and still stay on a decent while.

I wasn't doing anything overly important when it died both times, but if this is the new status quo, that's going to be annoying and will cause me to wonder why even bothering to tell me I have "15%" battery left if it's only 5 mins of functionality left.

It's pretty important at this point to give the phone a full charge. The battery stats are reset with each full charge, so that should readjust the internal battery left indicator (which is just a guess based on the amount of current being used now and in the past.) It's likely that your phone really was at 5% when it said 15% but it was guessing wrong.

One of two things has happened -

Your main cache is tangled and you haven't cleared it.

You have a runaway app or process that's eating power by driving the system so hard that the battery stats can't get updated.

Back
Top Bottom