• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lollipop factory image for nexus 7(2013) wifi Flo

I have a Deb, so I have to wait. No doubt Qualcomm or Verizon is holding up this update due to the radios.

Flashed the factory image last night. I must say I really like it. So far I like everything about it

I just got a 2nd gen nexus 7 32gb and I flashed the factory image to upgrade it to 5.0 and when I restarted it I only had 10gb free storage! I restored a nandroid and went back to 4.4.4 and still only 11gb free! Before I updated it to lollipop I had over 26gb free! Someone please tell me what I did wrong. I really hope I haven't permanently downgraded my storage

I just got a 2nd gen nexus 7 32gb and I flashed the factory image to upgrade it to 5.0 and when I restarted it I only had 10gb free storage! I restored a nandroid and went back to 4.4.4 and still only 11gb free! Before I updated it to lollipop I had over 26gb free! Someone please tell me what I did wrong. I really hope I haven't permanently downgraded my storage
I saw someone else with this problem. A factory reset did the trick and made the memory available again. I don't know if it was jammed with junk from the upgrade or if it was a glitch causing it to be read wrong.

Flashing a factory image can make storage display incorrect. A factory reset will fix it.

I saw someone else with this problem. A factory reset did the trick and made the memory available again. I don't know if it was jammed with junk from the upgrade or if it was a glitch causing it to be read wrong.

I had already done a factory reset and that's why I was freaking out.
After reading your post though I remembered that a custom recovery doesn't wipe the whole data partition when you factory reset. With that in mind, I booted into TWRP and formatted the data partition, then rebooted and now I have all my storage back.

Back
Top Bottom