• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lollipop with Root

SavageRobot

Android Expert
I am currently running [ROM][C69xx][.157][LB/UB]DstrikerZ1 Kai ROM 5.0 [Z3 meets MATERIAL DESIGN][19-Feb] and I want to try the Lollipop update when it is uploaded shortly [5.0][Z1 series][LB/UB][Advanced]RockZ1l_basic lolly_v1 Deodex/most advanced mods looks like I need to have a rooted stock Lollipop to flash this. Here's one I was looking at Official 5.0.2 Pre-Rooted
Problem is I need to be on stock KK to flash this.
Q1. Is there a way to root Lollipop does anyone know? That would be the easiest as I just need to update through PC companion, root and flash RockZ1_L
Q2. If not how do I flash stock KK? Do I just need to find a zip and flash through TWRP? If this is the option. Can anyone point me to one to flash please?

I don't think root, without an unlockable bootloader is possible on lollipop (across all handsets/tablets, not just Sony devices).

I may well be wrong though.

I'll a bit of digging once I've sorted the kids out with tea/bed.

No, root is possible with lollipop, the third post is a prerooted lollipop. The other is a custom rom on lollipop. I hear xposed is hit and miss with lollipop though so I'm not 100% if I'll bother till its fixed anyway I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom