• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Long taps on the screen are lifted off by the device

Camylarde

Lurker
Hello. Some games I play require me to hold a "key" for extended time (like 20 secs plus) and my note 2014 keeps on lifting my finger after a while for me... this breaks down said games as i need to hokd the finger constantly. There must be some feature that starts to ignore a long tap after a certain length of time. Can you help me how to switch this off?

I just tried a few different apps where I touched and held my finger for over 30 seconds and it was never "lifted" off. It doesn't seem to be a device issue for me.

Try some other apps to see if it exhibits the same behavior. If it does you might have a defective digitizer (the touch sensitive part of the screen) or your finger doesn't have a strong enough galvanic response to create the capacitance necessary to hold the touch (very unlikely).

Most likely the game has overlooked some timing issues that take focus from the app long enough to lose your input. Contacting the developer is a good start, especially if others are having a similar problem playing the game.

Back
Top Bottom