• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking at the price of changing the broken screen of mobile phone , repair it or buy a new phone?

Phoneyy

Lurker
As the screen ratio continues to increase, the risk of broken screens of mobile phones is also growing, and it is broken when accidentally. And the price of changing a screen is too expensive, sometimes looking at the price on the repair order, think about it is better to buy a new mobile phone.

If you break your phone's screen in the first 2 years, the replacement cost could be pretty high unless you have an insurance plan.

But once the phone model becomes deprecated, replacement parts are much cheaper. For example my HTC Bolt's screen can be had for $35 shipped, 50% down from 2 years ago.

Last year a friend gave me Samsung Galaxy S7 that had a broken glass, although the screen was still working. In the UK I was quoted £160, not really worth it, but in China I was quoted equivalent of £30 for same repair, and was definitely worth getting it done.

Replacing a broken smartphone screen is often a fairly straightforward procedure. Now on the Internet, on specialized forums for repairing phones, you can find detailed instructions and repair videos. I have repaired my phones and friends' phones many times. There is wholesale from china, it is a convenient service where you can order all the necessary spare parts. The prices are quite adequate. And you can buy everything in one place to receive a single package. I didn't even have to wait long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom