• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for a Stable ROM that is still supported

otter

My girlfriend has finally asked me to root her phone. My D1 was rooted and my Nexus is rooted so now I'm researching the Thunderbolt. She is NOT going to want to play w/ different ROMs like I do. She just wants it basically for wireless tether. Root the phone and it better work she says, lol! She likes it just like it is.

I've looked and found roms for different versions of sense, some that don't have sense so I don't know what to flash.

What would you recommend for someone in her situation? She wants a Stable ROM and won't be using setcpu or anything. The only thing that's really needed is wireless tether.

I cautioned her from downloading barnacle for example because I don't want vzw to know she is using the phone for wireless tether at times and if she downloaded a tether app that's a pretty easy giveaway.

Thanks.

SkyRaider Zeus 1.3

Probably more stable than the stock ROMs, lol. Read the thread on Rootz...probably a full 1 in 5 posts are about how stable it is. I usually flash to it before I travel because I know everything works.

BUT....I have read a few things that indicate that wireless tethering works better on the new ROMS based on the Puerto Rican carrier's ROM.

Back
Top Bottom