• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for PC Calendar program that syncs with Android phone Calendar app

Hi,

I'm new to Android phones (4 days) and this forum, so please forgive any questions which may seem to have obvious answers to more experienced users.

For years I've used a Palm T|X which has a desktop program that allows me to quickly enter new appointments or to-do items, change them easily, and search them quickly when I'm at my desk, as I often am. Then I sync it with my Palm, and presto, I'm up-to-date, as any changes I've made on either the Palm Desktop program or the Palm itself are then registered on both devices, which is what I need.

However the Palm is at (or more correctly, far beyond) the end of its useful life, so I've just acquired a Samsung Galaxy S2 running ICS 4.0.3, for which I'm trying to find a desktop calendar program that will sync easily and well with some sort of Android calendar app. I use this calendar primarily for business, so I need to be able to not only enter the event name/description, but also in many cases a bunch of notes attached to the event, and I need the ability to set very precise event times and duration, as well as to be able to repeat an event at certain regular intervals. Ideally, the calendar program/app should allow me to see day, week, month, and year views. I use Firefox and Thunderbird, so I was wondering about the Mozilla Lightning Calendar for TB, but I don't know enough about it or how/if it would sync with some sort of Android calendar app. As an additional consideration, it would be SUPERB if I could somehow get my current Palm Desktop calendar events to be synced or loaded into the new desktop program, thus saving me hours of work.

I don't use MS Outlook or any other MS Office programs, so syncing with Outlook through Samsung Kies isn't possible for me. As to Google Calendar, I really don't trust Google products, as Google has a terrible reputation for intensely tracking users of any of its products and I value my privacy.

I don't currently have a PC calendar program to work with other than Palm Desktop, which is so old that I have to run it in XP Mode under Windows 7. As a result, I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) I need to find a new desktop calendar program, then choose an Android calendar app that can be synced with it by some means (or vice versa).

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks.

Use MyPhoneExplorer to sync your Thunderbird desktop stuff with Android. Search on here for plenty of hits. Forums at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... Home page at .... FJ Software Development ....

There is a PC client plus an app on your phone. I use it to sync with Outlook (as I have office anyway) for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes.

The calendar syncs with the Android calendar "database" so you can use any Android calendar that reads this - I use Business Calendar for example.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones