• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looped boot animation Optimus Slider

Probably gonna get in trouble for this for posting same post in different forum but can delete whichevers in the wrong spot i guess. figured i'd put it here too seeing as how my phones rooted.

Ok this is my first post here...been a creeper for a very long time lol. No ideo where to post this so this looks as good a place as any? I sent this as a message it's alot to type so i just copied and pasted it haha. Check this out. i don't know what to do. I have the slider and I installed netflix and watched a couple movies and was browsing the net afterwards. my phone was going a little slow so naturally i went to restart my phone. Everything went normal so i thought till i got to the screen right after the lg screen ( used to be the virgin mobile boot animation but changed it to the xbox 360 boot animation ) and that loaded just fine than went to a black screen for a couple seconds than just looped the boot animation again. Well thats all my phone does now, i was curious how long it would do it and i let it go for like 2 hrs while i played mw3 and it just kept going like the damn energizer bunny lol. I used this root method or whatever you want to call it....forums.androidcentralcom/virgin-mobile-optimus-slider/133562-how-root-custom-recovery-nandroid-backup.html i thought i did the recovery or whatever but apparently i had a stoner moment and didn't do it. I could really care less about losing n e thing, i just want my damn phone back. Now I was browsing the forums and came across a couple things like this...androidforumscom/optimus-v-all-things-root/594382-guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html but to be quite honest with you i don't know if the damn things bricked or if it's just a screw up in some code or a conflict when i downloaded netflix or what. This is my last ditch effort to reach out to people that know what they are doing and from the forums u seem to be that guy. if there's any suggestions or any advice u could give me to help diagnose this problem that would be flippin fantastic. can either email me at 13.faces@gmail.com or reply here. Possibly gonna put this as a post also.

Now I need help asap if possible. If i had another phone i wouldn't care but this is my emergency contact number for my mother and kids and cant exactly afford another phone and quite frankly I'm loving this slider just really want it back

**UPDATE**

I did a wipe/recovery all went well. Lost everything but that don't matter. I still had superuser installed tho should that still b there? But I downloaded terminal emulator n tried to use the su command and everytime I do that my phone tells me superuser has forced closed. Does that mean I have to re root or what?

ok sweet....figured it all out. if anyone has this same problem make sure to have unkown sources checked under apps tab. thats all i did and BOOM everything back to normal. now back to gettin my phone to the way it was since i didn't do a back up lol

o and also for some reason superuser is showing as a system app? maybe i never noticed it b4. is it supposed to b that way?

Back
Top Bottom