• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Losing internet connection

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
My Galaxy Tab S2 has recently started to lose its Internet connection - when everything else on the same network is doing fine. Trying to reconnect often gives an authentication error, or it just spins and spins. The only thing that helps is restarting the tablet. Anyone else had this happen and found a solution? I've had the tablet a few years now. It's always been fine until now. Thanks.

even though other device are connected, i would also try and reboot the router. from time to time i get this problem on my Tab A tablet and this always works even though my pc and phone are connected and worked fine.

Last edited:
Definitely try restarting your router. Just because other devices aren't having a problem connecting to your home network doesn't mean there's no problem with your Tab S2's connectivity. Networking between devices just isn't that simple, it involves numerous and constant interactions between your device and your router no matter if you yourself is even doing anything on your device, and that all involves individual exchanges between each device and your router.
You referred to restarting your Tab S2 but try restarting both your Tab S2 and your router. Then if you're still having problems you've eliminated the issue of some one-off glitch and you know there's a more definitive problem.

-- Have you tried using your Tab S2 using a different WiFi network like at a friend or family?
If it drops online connectivity elsewhere too than that indicates the problem is more likely to be with your Tab S2. You might want to try going into your Settings menu and find a 'Network settings reset' option. This will wipe all network-related settings and return them to their clean defaults, so keep in mind things like saved WiFi and Bluetooth pairings will get deleted.
But if it stays connected properly elsewhere, this indicates your problem could be tied to something with your home network setup. Do you have an ISP-supplied modem/router unit or do you have your own router? If a modem/router who is your ISP? If your own router, what model? Also, is your Tab S2 connecting to your home WiFi using a 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

Thanks. I'll try that, but the tab has also had trouble with other wifi connections. It's not just our home router.

Last edited:
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s2_9_7-7438.php
Since you're having online connectivity issues with different WiFi networks, that would indicate the problem is with your tablet then.
You might want to try going into your Settings menu and find the 'Network settings reset' option. This will reset all network services settings (WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular data) back to their defaults so this will wipe all your saved WiFi entries, saved Bluetooth pairings, etc.
Which version of Android is your Tab S2 currently running?

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure how, but finally connected to my phone's hot spot. That was enough to reset the tablet to factory. After the reset, I have been able to get on the Internet using the phone again, Yeah!!! Let's hope it lasts.

Back
Top Bottom