• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loss of audio during call

I've searched the Rezound forum and can't find anything similar to this:

I often have calls that last over an hour - sometimes 2. It seems that recently, I experience a loss of audio from time to time.
The other person hears me, but i cannot hear them.
This started only recently and only happens on long calls.

I'm wondering if it is caused by receiving text or emails during the call. I get them all the time.
Also, it never happened until recently and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the recent "maintenance upgrade" a few weeks ago.
I've restarted my phone a few times, but have NOT done a factory reset.
I am rooted.

Anyone experienced this? or have any suggestions short of a factory reset?

Thank you in advance,

Jay

My situation is similar. Microphone continues to work, but speaker dies, including earphones. Sometimes it will work after a restart, but usually not until the phone has rested a while; which makes me think that this is a hardware issue regarding heat. This happens not just to phone conversation audio, but ANY audio that I try to playback. The retailer suggests updating to the OEM latest OS, but that is what is on the phone now. This phone is only 3 mos. old, and is running 4.01 on MTK 6577 1GB RAM. I have tried a factory reset, which only solved the problem temporarily. Some people seem to think that Sound a bout (app) has solved this problem for them. I intend to try that later today.

jrobinson317, I have had a few calls go over 2 hours without any audio issue since the update, and I have not FDR'd since the update and have around 50 apps installed, so the best I can say is try a factory default and see if the problem continues. Not the answer you wanted but I have no other ideas to go with right now.

Babongo, I am not sure what to tell you about your phone, especially not knowing what it is (seems to me MTK6577's are Chinese 3G knock-offs of brand name devices???) or what apps you are using, but I play music via SiriusXM, WinAMP, and Play Music all the time for 3-5 hours continuously at work with no heat or volume issues. The quality of the hardware in those Chinese knock-offs can be questionable and inconsistent at times, so my bet is your first instincts of a hardware heat issue are correct, but if there is a newer firmware or a CyanogenMod (or similar standardized OS with support) for your device I would give it a try, probably couldn't hurt anyway (well, actually, it could I guess).

I've searched the Rezound forum and can't find anything similar to this:

I often have calls that last over an hour - sometimes 2. It seems that recently, I experience a loss of audio from time to time.
The other person hears me, but i cannot hear them.
This started only recently and only happens on long calls.

I'm wondering if it is caused by receiving text or emails during the call. I get them all the time.
Also, it never happened until recently and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the recent "maintenance upgrade" a few weeks ago.
I've restarted my phone a few times, but have NOT done a factory reset.
I am rooted.

Anyone experienced this? or have any suggestions short of a factory reset?

Thank you in advance,

Jay

It could be a bogus app you have that isn't cleanly touching the net in it's routine. It could just be a glitch that a factory reset would no doubt fix.

My situation is similar. Microphone continues to work, but speaker dies, including earphones. Sometimes it will work after a restart, but usually not until the phone has rested a while; which makes me think that this is a hardware issue regarding heat. This happens not just to phone conversation audio, but ANY audio that I try to playback. The retailer suggests updating to the OEM latest OS, but that is what is on the phone now. This phone is only 3 mos. old, and is running 4.01 on MTK 6577 1GB RAM. I have tried a factory reset, which only solved the problem temporarily. Some people seem to think that Sound a bout (app) has solved this problem for them. I intend to try that later today.

Best of luck with the Sound a bout app you mention. I hope it works for you.
Welcome to Af btw. I hope you enjoy these forums.

Back
Top Bottom