• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost 3g on my AT&T Nexus S

jphasson

Has anyone else experienced loss of 3g on the negri i9020a model? I still have edge and wifi still works but i cant for the life of me get 3g to come back... lost it yesterday when I went to an area that I knew I would only get edge, then 3g just decided to never come back

I've tried...

-reboot
-pulled sim
-turn off data turn back on

Should I call AT&T and tell them my new imei? could that be the cause? Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated

I noticed a similar issue with my ATT Nexus S. Freaked me out a bit, but then it went to 3g. It's on ebay if anyone is interested. Search my name here on eBay. Bought from newegg a few days ago, I went back to my Atrix.

I noticed a similar issue with my ATT Nexus S. Freaked me out a bit, but then it went to 3g. It's on ebay if anyone is interested. Search my name here on eBay. Bought from newegg a few days ago, I went back to my Atrix.

why did you go back to the atrix? i ask bc I just ordered the NS, coming from the Atrix. i miss pure google and first for updates.

why did you go back to the atrix? i ask bc I just ordered the NS, coming from the Atrix. i miss pure google and first for updates.
I'm a "pure google" guy myself, coming from the Nexus One. Basically, the Atrix's hardware beats having the latest update. Here's why:

• Once I got used to the high pixel count resolution on the Atrix, going back to the lower resolution made everything look too big (kinda like going from 1920x1200 to 800x600 on a PC).
  • Battery life on the Atrix is a beast (especially with two genuine batteries)
  • The Moto Atrix car dock is wonderfully designed
  • The Atrix has "side tone" which I really like when on the phone (can year yourself in the earpiece)
  • The Atrix records 720p HD and will be 1080p after a future software upgrade
  • The speakerphone on the Atrix is superior
  • Once I got used to unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner, going back to a phone without one drove me nuts.
  • Notification LED w/multiple colors for different app notifications. The Nexus S has no notification lights. Terrible oversight on Samsung / Google's part. It's so useful.

The Nexus S is neat, but overall it felt like an outdated device compared to the Atrix. One last thing is Slingplayer. 4G + dual core = silky smooth video over the network. The Nexus S just doesn't seem to have enough horsepower to smoothly stream video. It was jerky, just like the Nexus One.

So, for now I can actually live with not always having the latest software version. In fact, I am shocked that I came to the conclusion I did after using the Nexus S. I thought the Atrix was bound for eBay but in fact, it's an awesome phone and for me easily beats the Nexus S.

My auction is item # 330561695542 on eBay if you are interested. Just cut and paste into the eBay search field.

Back
Top Bottom