• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost memory.

Dr Law

Lurker
Had 1.7Gb of free space on my Samsung Galaxy 2014 10.1. Started the 1.56Gb install of a racing game on the Playstore, Ashphalt 8, an hour later got a message saying "install failure due to insufficient storage space" on my device. Next thing I know I get a warning from my tablet saying "available storage space very low (230mb), some functions may not run correctly"!
Can't uninstall Ashphalt 8, as it didn't install fully, so where has my 1.7 Gb. free space gone? ......
Can't find the partial install to delete in my files. In settings, miscellaneous files shows 1.8Gb. of space used but clicking on this and adding up all the storage used by the various listed apps, it only comes to well under half a Gb.? ( I've got "show hidden files" activated, and my tablet is not rooted ).
Really screwed up my tablet, ....
Was thinking maybe if I made a couple of Gb. of free space, then I could install fully which would then allow me to uninstall, but it's risky, might finish up loosing even more space. . What I really want to do is revert my tablet to a couple of days ago, using some sort of Go Back programme, but can't find anything. Any advice gratefully received.

Back
Top Bottom