• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lost network signal and how to recover original IMEI?

Hi! sorry for bothering any of you with my story, but my dad gave me T399N from metro pcs, now I was going out of the country for about 5 months so one of my cousins told me that he had a friend who could unlock my phone so I can use it with another sim from a different country.

When I got it back it booted with a t mobile design, and it was brought back to 4.2.2 instead of 4.4.2 which it had before (I wasn't happy with that but whatever). Something else happened that I didn't at first but noticed after I was out of the country my IMEI was totally different.

Now my phone was rooted by King O root and it had Supersu, here's my point I dropped my phone and the battery fell out that's when I noticed that I had lost my signal, how it's this possible? I mean, I had spent countless hours online looking around and learning about all this. I knew zippo before but I haven't really come across a way to get my sim unlock like it was before or at least repair my IMEI so I can buy the sim unlock online, which I should of done in the first place. I can't complain to anybody, my friend doesn't really know much about this, and I haven't been able to contact the guy who this.

Now I ask is there any guidance anyone can share with me, I don't have a lot of money to buy a new phone, I have this block looking type phone in the meantime. I really do need this phone I'd really appreciate any help.

First thing you could do is try flashing the metropcs stock rom through odin since it also overwrites modem.bin which I think deals with data and whatnot.

Thanks, I already tried it but nothing has change, I still have a stock phone with a different IMEI.
also I didnt back up the original EFS.

Back
Top Bottom