• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost Ringtones

Piazink

Lurker
After I had missed a few calls, I went to the volume control page to assure that ring tone volume was turned up. There are green lines with slider buttons underneath "media volume" and "alarm volume" but not under "ring volume". On the page that lists available ring tones, none of them sound the tone when clicked on. Vibrate no longer works. I tried shutting the phone down and rebooting. Resetting it might work, but I am not sure how to back up, then retrieve, my contact list and would hate to lose it.

After I had missed a few calls, I went to the volume control page to assure that ring tone volume was turned up. There are green lines with slider buttons underneath "media volume" and "alarm volume" but not under "ring volume". On the page that lists available ring tones, none of them sound the tone when clicked on. Vibrate no longer works. I tried shutting the phone down and rebooting. Resetting it might work, but I am not sure how to back up, then retrieve, my contact list and would hate to lose it.
try wiping cache for the phone app. you can wipe data but that might delete your phone's contact. where do you have your contacts saved? phone or google?

I wiped the cache, which didn't work, then discovered that I had somehow turned on "do not disturb". Turning it off solved the problem, but I do feel stupid! :rolleyes: Thank you for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom