• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost root after OTA update, cant get back, please help

So i rooted my Samsung galaxy ring sphm840 with framaroot (the most recent version) and didnt know about the OTA survival option in superuser so when i updated i lost root or partially lost root (im not sure). i cant update the binary with superuser or supersu, i cant unistall superuser either.
Now when i try to root with the Gandalf exploit that worked the first time it throws a #13 error and fails
I tried every method under the sun that i know of to try and root this thing again but nothing has worked.
Any advice would be very helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-24-00-08-00[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-12-24-00-08-00[1].png
    59.7 KB · Views: 113
What update are ya'll referring to? I don't think my Ring has updated Ill post screenshots of my info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-06-09-51-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-06-09-51-18.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 85
I also have been having problems getting root back after the recent OTA. The Gandalf option in Framaroot no longer works.

Well every few days I get this update but I attempt to update & it brinhs me into my CWM recovery by Kouma & it asks my permission to install the update so I hit 7 install & it fails and just reboots & I still have root. I also have SuperSU Pro with the option to keep root during o.t.a. updates checked in hopes that may save root too? Anyone have any roms, backups, kernels anything I can flash to this phone im so bored!!! LOL!!!

Well every few days I get this update but I attempt to update & it brinhs me into my CWM recovery by Kouma & it asks my permission to install the update so I hit 7 install & it fails and just reboots & I still have root. I also have SuperSU Pro with the option to keep root during o.t.a. updates checked in hopes that may save root too? Anyone have any roms, backups, kernels anything I can flash to this phone im so bored!!! LOL!!!
Can't install the opt using a custom recovery

Thanx! Do you know any links that still work to download any roms or backups of stock rom or anything for the ring/prevail2 Please im dying of boredom!

OK cool thanx! Wish I had the dough Id go grab a Awe today but paid all my bills last night so Im presently tapped out financially! Thanx again for responding& helping me out!

Back
Top Bottom