• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low on space: storage space is getting low

Italo

Android Enthusiast
I started getting the "Low on Space: Phone storage space is getting low" notification a couple days ago after I installed the games from the Humble Bundle for Android. I've found a number of threads for this problem across multiple handsets, but just keep seeing the same suggestions, and none of them have worked.

I've moved the Humble Bundle games, along with some other larger apps to the SD card. I've uninstalled apps I don't use. I used App 2 SD to clear all app cache. I checked my data/tombstones folder and there's nothing bigger than 70kb in there. I've tried a soft reset.

Here is my current storage:
Internal storage: 1.85GB total | 1.16GB available
USB storage: 13.03 total | 5.72GB available
SD card (external): 14.93GB total | 9.07GB available

I'm still receiving emails and texts. I can still install apps from the Market. And I have over 1GB internal storage free. So, Why am I still getting the notification? I'm running THS ICS if it matters.

Update:
I moved a few more apps to the SD card and the notification went away. Internal storage available is now 1.18GB. Still, why does I need to have THAT much free space to not be "running low?"

Back
Top Bottom