• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lucid2 & P875 (Optimus F5)

SubNoize

Lurker
Hi,

So I've been running around the internet and it seems the Lucid 2 is the same phone as the Optimus F5 (L1V vs L1E). I'm currently trying to port Cyanogenmod (I haven't ported/created a ROM before) to the F5 and collecting as much information as I can.

Everyone here seems rather alive compared to any of the P875 threads on the internet so I hope you don't mind me posting here. Our phones share identical hardware with the Sony Xperia V which is an officially supported CM device which currently receives CM 11 nightlies.

From what I've read this should make the porting a lot simpler than if we were starting from scratch and as I'm rather new to this whole thing I was hoping people here could offer some guidance.

Hopefully if I do manage to port CM11 it will also be quick and easy to port it to the Lucid 2 or vice versa.

I'll leave it as that for now

Sounds like a plan. I have never ported anything but the logic seems sound. If you have never ported anything, good luck. Sometimes its not as easy as you would think. Let us know if you need help with anything, I'm sure someone around here might be able to help :)

Hi,

So I've been running around the internet and it seems the Lucid 2 is the same phone as the Optimus F5 (L1V vs L1E). I'm currently trying to port Cyanogenmod (I haven't ported/created a ROM before) to the F5 and collecting as much information as I can.

Everyone here seems rather alive compared to any of the P875 threads on the internet so I hope you don't mind me posting here. Our phones share identical hardware with the Sony Xperia V which is an officially supported CM device which currently receives CM 11 nightlies.

From what I've read this should make the porting a lot simpler than if we were starting from scratch and as I'm rather new to this whole thing I was hoping people here could offer some guidance.

Hopefully if I do manage to port CM11 it will also be quick and easy to port it to the Lucid 2 or vice versa.

I'll leave it as that for now

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1598713

I think the manufacturer makes a difference when porting, though. So just because a Sony device has CM doesn't mean an LG device with the same hardware would be too, I think. Don't quote me though I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom