• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Madcatz MOJO - Stay Away!

fisterkev

Wow, talk about a terrible experience. The MOJO is absolutely NOT ready for production. I was able to find maybe 10 games that were even compatible with it, and only ONE game that actually used the controller as advertised. NOVA 3 almost worked but even then there were some functions that didn't work (like swapping weapons, sorta important). The list of compatible games is misleading; many of those games will load, but they will not function with the controller (meaning: not at all).

Madcatz claims that the TegraZone games will work with the MOJO - that is a lie. Only a handful of them actually work. A gaming console that only works with a handful of games is pretty useless.

I updated the firmware exactly as instructed, and after rebooting the wifi did not work at all (it did before the update). An Android console without functional wifi is a paperweight.

I am going to return this unit and try to get a Nvidia Shield instead. I got the MOJO for my kid for Christmas. Talk about a disappointment. Luckily he also got a PS4, so it wasn't a total disaster.

The MOJO is an interesting concept, and if they ever get it working right it might - *might* - be worth the money. But as of now, no, not even close. Stay FAR away from this thing for now. You've been warned.

Back
Top Bottom