• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Magic Smoke Live Wallpaper

Aloha-

Noob here, but i was able to successfully root my evo shift and just flashed supreme sense rom v8. I was wondering how i can install the magic smoke live wallpaper that was on my shift originally.

I tried to install from titanium backup but doesn't work (Reflashed back to the stock rom and backed it up with Titanium, than flashed back to Supreme Sense). I searched on-line and found a few apk files, but again, it will not install.

Would appreciate any help!

Mahalo

You can try using a root file explorer to put it into /system/app. Set permissions to rw,r,r and reboot. I think Supreme Sense is a odex ROM though, you'll probably need the odex file in system/app too.

Mahalo for your help! I did copy the apk file into the /system/app folder and changed permissions as you suggested. (was able to figure out how to do that...lol). However still not able to install. You mentioned that i may need the odex file? I did notice in the /system/app folder there was always an accompanying odex file to every apk file.

Anyways, i thought since i was able to move it to the /system/app folder, it might be available as a live wallpaper choice, and voila, it was there!

Mahalo (thanks) for your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom