• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maintaing date order on photo transfers

kkudi

Member
Hi

I had an old iphone 3g with lots of photos. I took those out and put them in a folder in Mac OS X. IF I go through them in Finder the Created By date seems to correct in that it was the time the photo was taken.


Now when I transfer the photos to my Android S3 ( either via Kies or AirDroid or via the Android File transfer), the ordering in my Gallery is messed up as a lot of these pictures come first (due to the modified by date or something).

Am I missing something obvious here?

How can I preserve the order of my Gallery to have recent items first (when grouping by time)?

All the photos that have this issue were taken with the iPhone 3G. I've renamed all of them to IMG_yymmdd_hhmmss.jpg hoping it would put my most recent photos first but unfortunately it doesnt.

Do I need to edit the iphone photos on my Mac somehow to ensure that it gets picked up by the Android Gallery?

Many thanks
 
Done, and I have modified your thread title to clarify.

Sorry, I don't have an SGS3, but I have seen this sort of thing affected by the Gallery software before, so if you are of a mind to test it, try Quick Pic. It's free and very good. :)
 
hi quickpic didn't do it. after quite a bit of research I used a tool called exiftool to create exif data using the created by date. That way QuickPic was able to fix the data. so problem solved! Still haven't figured out how to do the videos as exiftool is not able to write exifdata for videos!
 
Back
Top Bottom