• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Make External SD recognized as Internal SD?

I have a Droid X2 and a nice 16 gig SD which I used and which worked great on my last phone (the first Droid). However, the Droid X2 only recognizes it's stupid 4 gig internal "sd" or media area and it won't move any apps or pictures or music or anything to my external sd because the internal memory is named "sd" and the external is named "sd-ext", which is not something any app developer knows to route it's programs to. So my sd card is useless and I can't put ANYTHING on my phone and it is constantly out of memory. I was wondering if there is a way to switch the names of the internal and external SD's and trick it into accepting my external one. If I have to root, I just might because this is RIDICULOUS. Thanks :)

If I recall you can partition the SD card to force apps onto it if you're rooted I believe.
I might be wrong, but I think I remember reading something like this awhile back.

Yes yes, actually there is a way to edit some lines somewhere to make your phone think your external is your internal and vice versa. I had the same problem with my LG Esteem...I have a 32gb sd but it only recognized its own 4gb "external" which was actually internal. I had to change some lines something like "vold" (cant recall the whole name) and I think I used file explorer to do it...I'm trying to UNDO it now which lead me here but thought I should just let you know there is hope.

Back