• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Making Backup's

Recovery makes backup of all data (including settings) and it's possible to restore the partitions later (eg. get the same state like in backup time). System backup means (most probably) backup of /system folder, which hold all preinstalled applications and some linux stuff, like libraries. Data is backup of /data folder, which holds user installed applications and all application settings.
Titanium does the same, but later it's possible to restore just some parts (one or more application, settings, SMS).

Upvote 0
Recovery makes backup of all data (including settings) and it's possible to restore the partitions later (eg. get the same state like in backup time). System backup means (most probably) backup of /system folder, which hold all preinstalled applications and some linux stuff, like libraries. Data is backup of /data folder, which holds user installed applications and all application settings.
Titanium does the same, but later it's possible to restore just some parts (one or more application, settings, SMS).

I like Titanium backup but lately its hasnt been working correctly, i have the pro key downloaded and it says "Failed key to check with google" "reboot/ See checkout.google.com" and then when i try to backup my apps it will go through about 5-9 apps and then just freeze and not go past that app

Upvote 0
i have this app downloaded called Applanet and it makes to so i can download paid apps for free.

But anyways when i restore my apps through Tit bu the app dont go to the android market "downloads" section they go to the Applanet "download" section, why dont the apps go to the normal market, the reason i care is because the normal market notifies you when a app needs updated and Applanet wont do that

Upvote 0
i have this app downloaded called Applanet and it makes to so i can download paid apps for free.

But anyways when i restore my apps through Tit bu the app dont go to the android market "downloads" section they go to the Applanet "download" section, why dont the apps go to the normal market, the reason i care is because the normal market notifies you when a app needs updated and Applanet wont do that

App planet is too shady for my taste.... I don't trust it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones