• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

malware

android is pretty good and avoiding malware. you may get some adware pop from time to time with apps that you download. there are also plenty of anti-virus apps out on the play store. lookout, avast and norton are just a few examples.

want to tell us what is going on in more detail? we might be able to help.

There are no viruses for android (self-propagating malware), so the way you pick up a malware infection is by installing an infected app yourself. So if you are careful what you install (check permissions first: if it wants things it doesn't need to carry out its functions, possibly including providing ads, then be suspicious), and in particular are careful where you install from, you can eliminate most of the risks just by doing that.

There are no viruses for android (self-propagating malware), so the way you pick up a malware infection is by installing an infected app yourself. So if you are careful what you install (check permissions first: if it wants things it doesn't need to carry out its functions, possibly including providing ads, then be suspicious), and in particular are careful where you install from, you can eliminate most of the risks just by doing that.

Someone is remotely installing malware on my android device and I want to remove it but it is in the system
Apps. What do I do?

I'm having malware and all sorts installed in my system apps
How can I delete them? I've been locked out of samsung site... and cannot get back in.... my Google password is changed as well. Pls help.

The only way to remove malware that's got into the system is to reflash the phone with a new set of stock firmware (download from Sammobile.com). But you need to recover your account first (or trash it and make a new one - either way you should contact Google if it's been hijacked).

Back
Top Bottom