• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manually update time on phone - no network

A

Android Question

I have an old Galaxy S3 with no network service (wifi only) that I use as a music player. Would love to also use as alarm clock when traveling; however, I'm at a loss if there is a way/app/etc to manually update the time on this phone with no network update (as in - go into settings somewhere and physically type in the current time). Phone is rooted.

Ideas? THANKS!

You don't even need to root for that. Just go to settings>general>time and date settings. Input the time and you're ok.

Been a while since I looked at that, but if the directions are incorrect, just look for it. It's there. I think you can even access it by the clock on the upper left (appears when you pull down the notification shade).

To add to chanchan05's reply, with my S3 the setting is buried in Settings >> More >> Date and time. The 'Set time' option where you can manually change the time will be greyed out until you uncheck the 'Automatic date and time' box.

Back
Top Bottom