• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market App changed it looks after reset.

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hi there guys

Given I had my S2 for not even a month, still very new, I download out of curiosity tons of apps, to test them and find the one I like the most.

I narrowed down to few I really like, and because I don't like any apps left overs from previous installs, I decided to Factory Restore my phone, have it clean and install just the stuff I like to keep.

All cool, easy and fast.

I was also hoping I will be able to recover my Helvetica font, which was with the initial factory set up, but went missing after I installed some app. Tho, it didn't happen, still no where to be found even tho the phone has no apps but the stock stuff that comes with it, and beside the missing font, everything else looks exactly as it was when I bought it.

Anyway, I open MARKET to make downloads, and I noticed the MARKET looks changed.

I use to look like that (image from internet):

m1.jpg

and now it looks like this:

m2.gif

I can't seem to find an update, the Market setting is very basic. And I really like the previous layout more, with two columns of small icons, much easier to navigate.

What can I do to get the first version from the image above?

Appreciate you taking the time to read and your suggestions.

best regards

Sebastian

The one you had before is the newer version, it might prompt you at some random interval to update to it again.

To try to force the update, go into your Settings > Applications > Market > Force Close and Clear Data. Then restart the Market app

Worked like charm ! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply..... appreciated.

YAY.... happy :)

Back
Top Bottom