• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market in 2.1 after 2.2?

ragingyeti

Apr 13, 2010
Manchester, NH
I upgraded to 2.2, and everything was fine. Then there were some complaints that 2.2 reduced 3G speed, so I thought "I'll just roll back my phone using nandroid and do download the speedtest app, then I will be able to compare my numbers for 2.1 and 2.2 easily and get some real evidence for people." I was bummed to find out that the market will not download any applications now (I've tried downloading several apps, and left them in the queue for about 10 hours now, and all say "starting download"). Everything else that requires internet works just fine including browser, email, talk, voice, music streaming, etc. The only thing that doesn't work is the market won't download any of the apps for me, it wont even upgrade ones that are already installed (super bummed since the new launcherpro is out as well.) If I go back to 2.2, I have no problems. Go back to 2.1 again, market still wont give me apps. Market still connects to internet just fine as it will tell me I can upgrade apps and it downloads new info and screenshots and everything, but just wont give me my .apk.

Any ideas?

ps - sorry for the probably needlessly long post, but I figured I would give as much info as possible.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones