• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Marshmallow nightmare - ringtone stops and can't enter recovery mode

My phone is a disaster ever since Marshmallow was installed. The ringtone stops working every day. So I turn off the phone, restart it, and the ringtone works until sometime at night when it stops. It still vibrates, but the ringtone won't play. Even when I select a ringtone in Settings, it won't play.

Someone suggested I wipe the partition cache. But I can't. It won't even go into Recovery mode. I get to the menu with Recovery mode, but when I select it by pressing the power button, it restarts in normal mode.

Someone please help me! This is driving me nuts. Can I reinstall Lollipop?

Thanks.

JEP

If it doesn't fail in safe mode then it is an app you added.

To find out which one ... make a guess at a few ... uninstall them ... zero in on the one it. Uninstall 6, still problem, reinstall them and uninstall 6 more.

The one that was a problem for me is ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hybrid.stopwatch
... when the alarm goes off and it is set for 2 seconds the sound will play reputedly until the app is shut down.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Before Marshmallow my Do Not Disturb feature worked perfectly. Now it won't turn on and off automatically and I'm not sure if my Priority settings are still working when I manually turn on Do Not Disturb.
2nd issue - I use Alarm Clock Extreme (for years on at least 3 phones) but now it won't work unless I turn off my Lock Screen.
I really don't want to do a factory reset but…
Suggestions anyone?
LG V10

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones