• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Maybe in the Future, A Custom ROM may appear

HMT Chryssi

Alright, So I have seen many phones with custom ROMS, Especially around the ZTE family. Small problem with that is, The Grand X Max+ fans didn't get love for the ROMs (Thank some inpatient folks), Which lead some DEVs to scrap the Max+ scene.

I have an Idea that we could port (hopefully) the ZMAX ROM over to Max+ with full (or close to full) and working compatibility. I can't say it is going to come real quick, But we always can come together and bring the Grand X Max+ to life with a few ROMs, Compatible recovery, And who knows? Maybe a kernel that will benefit our phone.

We shouldn't give up yet. We'll need a lot of support for this phone. This is in fact a great phone and it shouldn't be dying so soon.

EDIT: So here is whats going on, I am going to attempt to port hroark13's CM build with Masterchief87's Pre-Rooted rom. One small problem with that is, I have no access to the new system.img I have recently converted from dat to img, All locked. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT2:Almost there. Figuring out a way of how to fix the "bash: ./rimg2sdat: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" after that it's all done.

EDIT3:Good news! Everything got well and is zipping up! Will upload and create a new thread for it!

Last edited:
I wish I had the know how to help. I only recently found out about this phone a couple weeks ago and then got one not even a week ago. 2 days later I had root. This phone with its glass back and front paired with its 6" screen is just amazing in the hand. It's probably my favorite device I have owned and I was surprised that more developers haven't toyed with it. I can't wait to play with a rom or two. I hope you (and hopefully others) will be successful in bringing a few new experiments to the table. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom