• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MDM did not install drivers needed for USB MTP.

I have a Moto G4 Play and Windows 7. I am trying to get Windows to let me access my phone via USB. After following the instructions from Motorolla tech support I installed Motorolla Device Manager and enabled USB debugging. When I select MTP from the notifications menu Windows attempts to install drivers but fails. The device does not show up under My Computer (which it did yesterday but the device had "0 items"). It does show up in Devices and Printers but I am unable to do anything but troubleshoot (Windows searches for drivers/fails to install them). Under Programs I can see Motorolla Mobile Drivers Installation 6.4.0 next to Motorolla Device Manager. When I open MDM it just checks for updates. Motorolla tech support wants me to test the connection on another computer and won't help me further until I do so.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• needrivers.png
    needrivers.png
    142 KB · Views: 236
Fixed my problem (mostly). I have to select PTP instead of MTP for Windows to properly install the drivers. I also had to use a different USB cable as the one I was using wasn't making a good connection. Now I can access the device's internal storage. It just won't let me access my SD card's memory ("0 items") so that's my next problem to work on...

Back
Top Bottom