• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media are not recognized anymore

sndrtj

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
Since a few days I am having severe issues with anything that's on the (internal) SD card on my Nexus S.

When I mount my phone into a computer, all is fine. Everything is recognized, and files are where they should be. Also file browser apps on my phone recognize everything, and I can play music when I tap the files individually.

But music apps will not recognize any music anymore. Both the stock player and Winamp don't see any music.

Also, my Gallery app crashes when I tap any album, and it shows a wrong number of pictures. However, I can access my photo album by using the Camera app (since Jelly Bean it's possible to go straight into the gallery app with the camera app), so that's a possible workaround.

What's even more strange is that when I go to settings-->storage, it will nicely tell me there's 4GB of pictures and 3GB of music on my (internal) SD card. So it does see there there is something.

I've already tried rebooting a few times, to no avail.

Hello, the photo galary and music player of my nexus s does not recognize media files moved from my computer, but the music player shows and plays songs if they were downloaded directly from internet.
My service provider suggested me to call samgsung but i haven't try that yet. Have you solved the problem by any chance?

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones