• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Media Home without dock.

mill3rkydd

Ok so first things first. I couldn't find anything on this so if there is, someone remove this thread.
This was actually found on accident. To my knowledge, I don't think there is a dock to the LG motion, but I found an activity which activates an app called "Media Home" which seems like an app for that. Here's how to enable it. (screenshots below) I used Nova Launcher for this example, but it should work for Apex as well.

Step 1: Hold down the home screen on Nova Launcher and click "shortcuts". OR go to the widgets tab and drag the activities widget anywhere on the screen.
Step 2: Scroll down to the letter "L" and look for "Media Home". Click on that and then scroll down and click the next "Media Home" button.

Now there is a dock like application which has a clock, and a shortcut to videos, pictures, YouTube and Music.
ONE PROBLEM: Music doesn't seem to be opening up though. It keeps saying "Selected Playlist Empty" if anyone knows how to fix it, thank you.
Anyway, I thought this was pretty cool and wanted to share. Thanks^^!
2z7okqx.jpg
2wqwvib.jpg
20u3fqo.jpg

21ln2bk.jpg

You guess wrong AFAIK!!! Just reread the post... I could swear media home is for the Nero media home 4 system... should work the same as smart share if memory serves me right.... or similar.
its to run your phone on TV or something.. lg smart TVs to be specific.

Idk what you mean. I'm going off what my brain tells me.... lmgtfy

OH LORD GOOGLE! BESTOW UPON ME YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!!

lol. I'm gonna Google it but I'm sure that's what it is.

I'm suspecting its a constant check or something but feel free...

Sent from my MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom