• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media recovery and Rooting my LG G6

beannshie

Lurker
I have a LG G6 (LG-H870) with android oreo 8.0.0, kernel version 3.18.71
I want to root in mainly to recover a couple videos I've deleted.
If there is a way to recover the videos without root that would be great, if not then I need some help rooting my device because I've never done it before.
The videos I've deleted were locked and I have "permanantly deleted" them as they don't go in the trash.

I've found this : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g6/development/tool-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t3674088

Also, I know that rooting my phone voids my warranty so I was wondering if there was a way to unroot my phone in order to get back my warranty after I'm done recovering my videos/photos?

Basically...
Is there a way to recover deleted videos/images without rooting my device and if not then how do I safely root it?

not that i know of. but if you do a google search, there are software programs that might work. never tried them myself cuz my videos and photos get synced to the cloud automatically when connected to wifi thanx to google photos.

nice find dannydt..... i was trying to find the answer in the actual rom and dev section over at xda.

so going forward any time you are looking to root, head on over to xda. it is a forum where the developers hangout and produce all of the goodies for us.....then if you have any questions or issues, you can come over here and ask away.

nice find dannydt..... i was trying to find the answer in the actual rom and dev section over at xda.

so going forward any time you are looking to root, head on over to xda. it is a forum where the developers hangout and produce all of the goodies for us.....then if you have any questions or issues, you can come over here and ask away.
Will do, thank both of you

Hello, sorry to bother you but I've run into a problem. When I ran the "fastboot oem device-id" command, it just gets stuck on "< waiting for any device >".
What's the problem here and how do I fix it?

Hello, sorry to bother you but I've run into a problem. When I ran the "fastboot oem device-id" command, it just gets stuck on "< waiting for any device >".
What's the problem here and how do I fix it?
first off before you go diving head first. lets be sure you are comfortable with adb. here is a guide for adb
https://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/

it is a fairly old thread, but it still applies. read that first and make sure that you have adb and fasboot setup correctly on your pc.

Last edited:
The videos I've deleted were locked and I have "permanantly deleted" them as they don't go in the trash.
In the UNIX world, which includes Android, 'permanently deleted' generally means just that. I'll be fascinated to hear that you're successful in recovering your deleted files.

PS Yes, I'm aware that under very specific conditions it's possible to recover deleted files--but that depends on no new data overwriting the specific disk location(s) of the files. I don't think that applies here.

Back
Top Bottom