• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help memory card problem.Help!

Hi guys! I'm hoping someone on here can help as i am pulling out my hair! I have a 64gb,class 10 Sandisk memory card in my Xperia z (not jailbroken)For some reason it will not transfer files from internal storage to the memory card.I formatted the card when prompted in the phone, i have checked in a usb adapter & it says it is formatted in fat32.

When i go into the transfer data option,photos,videos & music show no files.Previously it seemed to transfer a small amount of files (nowhere near the total of my internal storage & i saw the percentage bar saying it was transferring) and the memory card still said there was total space of 59.3gb, the same amount since i bought it.

Any ideas?What am i missing?! I would really love to move my music & photos to the memory card as i only have 4.47gb of space left in internal storage. Tia!

Welcome to Android Forums!

I've never used the Transfer data option - I prefer to move things the old-fashioned way, via drag-and-drop on my PC. The PC Companion software can also be used to do it.

Ensure that you have the Data storage option the the camera set to SD card, then copy the existing content of /internal storage/DCIM to the newly-created /sd card/DCIM folder.

Media files are found during the startup scan and can reside in any folder. For convenience I use /sd card/music, /sd card/video etc.

Hth

Back
Top Bottom