• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging Notification Badge Stuck

Yesterday I got a txt, I got the notification as normal but when I went into messaging to read/delete the text it wasn't there. Now the notification badge on Messaging won't go away. The strange thing is I know who the message is from so when I search for it it shows up on the search list but I can't open or delete it from that view. I've tried to clear the badge without success.

Has anyone here experienced this? Any ideas how I might fix this? I've seen posts on the Galaxy S series boards about this happening to them and having to reset the BadgeProvider app however this app doesn't seem to exist on the Commando.

Any ideas how I could fix this without doing a factory reset?

Thanks!
-st

Try going to your application manager and open up messaging, and then clear the cache. Might work, might not but its worth a try.

What device u have pull the battery out since it frozen wait 10min before putting back in when u get back in make sure u put on WiFi and clear the cache at that time . just the cache not the data . or try to clear the cache from the recovery .

I tried to follow your instructions, BRAINZ2013, I'm not sure what you meant by "put on WiFi" as my WiFi is always on. In any event I cleared the cache and the data (clearing the data did not erase my txt messaged BTW) then I powered down the phone, removed the battery and went to sleep. When I woke up and turned the phone on the badge was still stuck.

I'm not sure how to access recovery mode so I didn't do that yet but I may try if I can figure out how to access it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'd appreciate any further input.

You needs to pull the battery while the phone is on and stuck . but at this time I think u need to do a factory data wipe .

First, I think you misunderstood (I didn't do a good job explaining the problem), the phone never got 'stuck', the little round red notification of unread messages got stuck on the Messaging when it was closed. The unread message was 'lost'. What I mean is the Messaging app would only show the unread message in the search view and couldn't manipulate it.

Good news is that I found a fix, sort of a hack really. I downloaded GoSMS, this app was able to see and delete offending message and now the badge is happily gone.

Thank you both for your input!

I got the same thing had it a couple of months one unread message, recives and sends fine but always shows me an unread message

Great thank you worked fine also I could send multimedia messages or view them but using the GoMSM I can send and view sent pictures thank you love this forum even if I only understand about 10% of what is writen

Did you try downloading the GoSMS app? This may allow you to see and delete the offending messages.

Worked for me on my Coolpad Quattro II4G 801ES ... what was causing the problem on my end was that I had MySMS installed, and it was not downloading all messages (there were notifications that it "could not download message"), therefore, the unread message(s) remained as a count in the red circled badged, and I couldn't figure that one out. Once I saw your post, I tried your suggestion, and got to see the "offending" message (actually, it was more of a info message about filesize, etc), and I deleted it, and the red badged circle was cleared.:thumb:

As for MySMS, I have uninstalled it on the Quattro to avoid this problem, but the APP seems to work fine on my LG Optimus S LS670.

Thanks for your post ... it was the key for the problem.
Cliff

Back
Top Bottom