• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro pcs can't help me...can you?

moredroid79

So a few days ago, I thought I may have bricked my (rooted,2.2 updated) Ascend. I tried restoring back to stock using the Metrostock recovery script, which I have successfully done once before. This time not successful because for some odd reason, my PC USB driver wont recognize my phone. So I gave up and wasted money on the M835 just so I wouldn't be left without a phone. A few days later, with the help of many helpful ascend forums online like this one, I realized I did'nt brick it. I was able to set up CWM recovery and successfully flashed the latest Cm7 rom on the ascend. When I woke up this morning, I raced over to the local metro store to switch back my acct. over to my ascend, and they told me that they couldn't because the code they use to do the switch would not take. And of course they blamed it on the new software. So the only thing I can think of is to restore to factory using Metrostock recovery, but like I said, my computer doesnt let me see my phone in the USB driver. I would appreciate some help please so I can enjoy my ascend w/ this sick new rom. Thanx.

So a few days ago, I thought I may have bricked my (rooted,2.2 updated) Ascend. I tried restoring back to stock using the Metrostock recovery script, which I have successfully done once before. This time not successful because for some odd reason, my PC USB driver wont recognize my phone. So I gave up and wasted money on the M835 just so I wouldn't be left without a phone. A few days later, with the help of many helpful ascend forums online like this one, I realized I did'nt brick it. I was able to set up CWM recovery and successfully flashed the latest Cm7 rom on the ascend. When I woke up this morning, I raced over to the local metro store to switch back my acct. over to my ascend, and they told me that they couldn't because the code they use to do the switch would not take. And of course they blamed it on the new software. So the only thing I can think of is to restore to factory using Metrostock recovery, but like I said, my computer doesnt let me see my phone in the USB driver. I would appreciate some help please so I can enjoy my ascend w/ this sick new rom. Thanx.

they lying to you, you can also call *228 and say activate a phone and they will ask you if you on the phone that needs activated just say yes and follow the instructions, also if you sign up with metro on their site, you can go to your account and change phones from there also.

they lying to you, you can also call *228 and say activate a phone and they will ask you if you on the phone that needs activated just say yes and follow the instructions, also if you sign up with metro on their site, you can go to your account and change phones from there also.

you the MAN nuttmeg...it was as simple as that. THANKS AGAIN!

Back
Top Bottom