• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro sure dropped this phone fast

PHP87

Android Enthusiast
I guess we can forget about any software updates for it.

Now I wish I would have spent the extra coin for the Sammy-S3, but after rebate, I only paid $159.00 thru wirefly.

They did not drop it they are trying to integrate with T-Mobile and in doing so they have to bring in different phones. This allows people to get 4G phones for cheaper. The Spirit is not a cheap phone.

the spirit is still on their website. the cdma version of the gs3 will be pushed out too as t-mobile moves the network over to gsm. Right now it all depends on the area you live in. Here in Michigan we aren't on the gsm network yet. We still have the CDMA phones being sold. Area's like NJ and vegas are already moved over to the GSM network.

People are already starting to find out that this "merger" is a bad thing for Metro users. All i will say is: told you so.

I haven't seen the Spirit on the Metro site in a while.
I'll re-check, but it hasn't been on there.

Edit: I just checked. The LG Spirit is not on the Metro PCS web site.

This all makes perfect sense to me.

It's well known they want everyone over to GSM ASAP. Actions on their part specifically to get people ON GSM (and OFF CDMA) should come as no surprise.

The main thing pushing that was how fast they could get the new network up and running. That is happening Much Faster than they expected.

It would make sense that as they complete the refarming they would also
begin to stopping ordering any new CDMA phones and rely only on what they have in stock remaining. That is stock at Metro AND stock on the streets. They probably just ran out of CDMA phones in Dallas and/or shipped they last few they had to stores.

To me, it's just the next logical step now that they have the new network either finished or almost finished being combined.

I'll bet you $5 out of my pocket if you went to Metro's Facebook page and asked them, they could and would tell you stores that still had Spirits in stock.

I haven't seen the Spirit on the Metro site in a while.
I'll re-check, but it hasn't been on there.

Edit: I just checked. The LG Spirit is not on the Metro PCS web site.

It depends on where you live. Did you not read what i wrote?

CclsDLDT

It depends on where you live. Did you not read what i wrote?

CclsDLDT

Yes, but where you live doesn't apply to me just like where I live doesn't apply to you.

My original point was that my hopes were that Metro would provide software upgrades and perhaps even an O/S upgrade, especially for a phone they are/were selling for nearly $300.00 after tax and activation for those that didn't shop around and also take advantage of the rebate.

I'd like to get at least two years use out of this device, but I would also like it if they did some software updates, such as allowing users to move Apps to SD, and an O/S upgrade would be nice.

If they want to sell more Apps, then make it possible to store them on an SD card. The App store is a money maker and selling a device that has a limit to the number of Apps it can carry isn't very smart.

"Cool App. I'd buy it, but I'm almost out of storage space" after 6 months of ownership isn't a good business model.

If Metro chooses to not provide upgrades to users after having purchased their phones, I may look for a different provider once my LG Spirit outlives its usefulness.

I feel bad for the people that are dropping close to $300.00 for the LG Spirit and not getting squat as far as updates and/or O/S upgrades.

This is a classic case of a company not supporting existing customers while rolling out the red carpet for new customers.

Yes, but where you live doesn't apply to me just like where I live doesn't apply to you.

My original point was that my hopes were that Metro would provide software upgrades and perhaps even an O/S upgrade, especially for a phone they are/were selling for nearly $300.00 after tax and activation for those that didn't shop around and also take advantage of the rebate.

I'd like to get at least two years use out of this device, but I would also like it if they did some software updates, such as allowing users to move Apps to SD, and an O/S upgrade would be nice.

If they want to sell more Apps, then make it possible to store them on an SD card. The App store is a money maker and selling a device that has a limit to the number of Apps it can carry isn't very smart.

"Cool App. I'd buy it, but I'm almost out of storage space" after 6 months of ownership isn't a good business model.

If Metro chooses to not provide upgrades to users after having purchased their phones, I may look for a different provider once my LG Spirit outlives its usefulness.

I feel bad for the people that are dropping close to $300.00 for the LG Spirit and not getting squat as far as updates and/or O/S upgrades.

This is a classic case of a company not supporting existing customers while rolling out the red carpet for new customers.

Well the phone was out before the merger. Since than T-mobile, the principle holder has moved forward quicker than they expected. So all CDMA phones are now obsolete. They were never giong to give any updates for this phone. It didn't have any bugs out of the box. Diffidently were never going to put out an OS upgrade. That's Never been Metro's style nor LGs. It may change now that T-mobile owns Metro. But that will only happen with GSM phones :D

That's what I said, lol , it depends on where you live. The phone in still being sold is some areas, but not others lol. Just admit I'm right.:p

Back
Top Bottom