• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Android L Backgrounds and bootanimation

jaycrewz

Hey guys. I thought I would share. I got the Android L wallpapers and boot animation from this summer's earlier preview release. Im not sure if anyone is interested in this, but check it out if you want.

The backgrounds are all in their huge original resolution. So you can move it around and crop them as you like. The boot animation is in the 540 x 960 resolution that fits our phones perfectly. I take credit for nothing. I merely downloaded these files from one of the many websites offering these to the public.

Simply unzip the main Android L Theme Files zip folder, and the background pics and boot animation zip file are inside. Anyways, you install the boot animation by simply copying the provided bootanimation.zip over the original located in /system/media

Check out my screen shot of my home screen that Ive attached. I couldnt find any decent Android L clock widget...so I simply use the Digital Clock Widget Xperia from the play store. Its font is close enough for me, and I like the features. My launcher is the Epic Android L Launcher with the Axis Icon pack. As you can tell, I like a simple clean look. The Epic Launcher allows me to put my home icons into folders. The 3 icons you see open a small semi-transparent window that I fill with apps based on category.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-26-15-05-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-26-15-05-37.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 136
Ill try the bootanimation, thanks. Not been able to get it to work yet. Replacements I've tried just show as black screen.

Back
Top Bottom