• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Google maps gps

I have had this phone for over a month now and the gps is still unreliable on Google maps. I have tried several supposed gps fixes but still no luck and metro just says that they cant help me out cause it aint their navigation.

When I had LG Motion faster fix helped... but not this time.

Can someone please help me

the ongoing joke is dont get lost with a samsung device, the gps will only get you more lost.

on my epic 4g i was lucky to get a "you re here!" under 1500meters. gps toolbox helps out with agps though, i suggest you snag that up on the market :)

the ongoing joke is dont get lost with a samsung device, the gps will only get you more lost.

on my epic 4g i was lucky to get a "you re here!" under 1500meters. gps toolbox helps out with agps though, i suggest you snag that up on the market :)

Yeah shabby recommended GPS toolbox and it worked great haven't had any problems with it ever since :)

Feel bad for all of you. I never had a gps issue with this or my indulge, both Samsung. Always within 50 or less meters whenever I have checked it or used an app that required gps.

I know this sounds weird, but it worked on both mine and my wife's GS3,

Pull the back cover, and with a jeweler's Phillips screwdriver tighten the back case screws... It sounds hokey, but it worked. Such a simple fix it - I wonder what the root cause is.

My original gs3 had gps issues screen broke on it a week later got a replacement through insurance. Never had a problem with the replacement or my new gs4. I travel for work a lot and rely on the gps for getting to my destinations. Good to have these apps if it decided to take a crap on me. I also like to use the one called "gps test" and watch my speed and altitude while flying.

I was going to mention tightening the screws around the back of the phone, but I see someone did. Fixed my issue.

If you're having trouble with the gps, try tightening the screws in the back of the phone (JUST A BIT). Sounds silly but seriously my GPS was back to working without a problem after doing it. I think the contact between the different antennas get loose and tightening the screws fixes the problem, but thats just what I think.

Fix for GPS Signal Issues

Back
Top Bottom