• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL]CarbonRom 4.3

Best ROM to download nightly or release 1.07 and what is the different between ?

I've never had a major issue with a Carbon nightly. Any problems, just restore a backup or flash the prior nightly or stable over it.

Nightlies are automatically built every night. If it finishes, it's available for download. You are taking the chance that things work. Your phone could reboot randomly and frequently. You could find your reboot menu is missing options. Your screen could flicker. Who knows.

Release has actually been vetted to see if things are O.K.

Reactions: ACrappyDJ
Upvote 0
I've never had a major issue with a Carbon nightly. Any problems, just restore a backup or flash the prior nightly or stable over it.

Nightlies are automatically built every night. If it finishes, it's available for download. You are taking the chance that things work. Your phone could reboot randomly and frequently. You could find your reboot menu is missing options. Your screen could flicker. Who knows.

Release has actually been vetted to see if things are O.K.

Thanks, OptimusPrime

Upvote 0
CARBON-JB-v1.7-d2mtr.zip isn't stable?

They technically don't call 1.7 stable, but it's been fine when I've used it. All releases have been actively polished up before being made available (i.e. not a nightly).

Having said that, I just did a clean install of Nightly 22. It's very smooth and no reboots do far.

Reactions: Marty_Since87
Upvote 0
Carbon Changelog

Nightly 5-23

- Prop updates
- A few drawables resized
- Interface icon changed (credit to RootBox)
- cLock preferences added to Interface
- Performance app moved under Carbon
- Sound options sorted
- A few more strings fixed

(Note: goo.im lists this build as carbon-jb-nightly-20130522-195226-d2mtr)

Upvote 0
Carbon Changelog

Nightly 5-23

- Prop updates
- Sound options sorted

Is carbon-jb-nightly-20130522-195226-d2mtrcarbon-jb-nightly-20130522-195226-d2mtr an update zip?

Upvote 0
Is carbon-jb-nightly-20130522-195226-d2mtrcarbon-jb-nightly-20130522-195226-d2mtr an update zip?

It's a whole nightly ROM. You can install it by itself or over top of carbon-jb-nightly-20130522-051626-d2mtr, if you had installed that previously.

carbon-jb-nightly-20130522-051626-d2mtr and on are not compatible with prior installs.

Reactions: Marty_Since87
Upvote 0
Carbon Changelog

Nightly 5-23

- Prop updates
- Sound options sorted

Having problems with my GPS. Will not set GPS location. Just keeps on searching and searching. Been running this rom for about 24hrs

Upvote 0
Ok, sorry for the stupid questions I just wanted to be sure.

That's O.K. They're not stupid questions. However, I hope my answers aren't.:D (Pro Tip: Some of my answers may occasionally be.)

Besides, backups save you from most mishaps. For the rest, there's a way to restore to full, unrooted stock and start over.

Upvote 0
Having problems with my GPS. Will not set GPS location. Just keeps on searching and searching. Been running this rom for about 24hrs

No problems with GPS in my installs for the past two nights. In fact, it locks in pretty quick. However, I did install today's over last night's, if that makes any difference.

Try wiping cache & Dalvik again, fix permissions, and reboot. I don't know if that will fix a GPS-specific issue but it won't hurt anything. If not, clean install.

Upvote 0
No problems with GPS in my installs for the past two nights. In fact, it locks in pretty quick. However, I did install today's over last night's, if that makes any difference.

Try wiping cache & Dalvik again, fix permissions, and reboot. I don't know if that will fix a GPS-specific issue but it won't hurt anything. If not, clean install.

Ok. Tried cache & dalvik wipe several times. I was trying not to do a clean install. Ok well we all have to do things we don't want to do but have to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones