• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Rooting Using A Mac

RAWRRAWR

Lurker
Jul 7, 2013
I'm on a Metro PCS Galaxy S3 running 4.1.2 and I'm trying to root, but most methods I've tried are outdated or I'm running into a lot of trouble (headaches). I've been reading a lot of threads (including here) and searching the web countlessly, but I'm turning up short. Thus I'm turning to the community, hopefully there's a simpler solution. Does anyone know of a method for rooting using a Mac?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for the links! I was able to download and get into recovery mode, locate the zip file, but when I attempted to install the file it returns a "signature verification failed...installation aborted". Is there something I may be doing incorrectly?

You gotta thank shabby to be honest... I'd completely forgotten about heimdall... and hes a complete boss ;)... you are in clockwork mod correct... If so I'm not sure what went wrong... maybe a bad download?... I'm sure someone more experienced can help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones